Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

Certain household products can be toxic to the environment if not disposed of properly. NEVER pour these products down the drain or into storm sewers. Categories of consumer products that may be considered household hazardous waste include: automotive products, paints (and related solvents), pesticides, lawn care products, pool chemicals, hobby and craft materials. If these items cannot be recycled, they can be disposed of properly by contacting the Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District at (513) 732-7894 or (513) 732-7745.

You will be asked to provide a list of the items you have for disposal and their approximate volumes. This information will then be put on a voucher which the District will mail to you.  You would then be responsible for taking the material and the voucher to a hazardous waste disposal facility in Cincinnati. By presenting the voucher when you deliver the material, the cost of disposal will be invoiced to the District, and you will not be charged. The vouchers are valid for one year from the date they are issued, so residents can take the material to the disposal facility at their convenience.

Old Cans of Paint

If you have old cans of paint that has dried and hardened, you can safely dispose of the paint cans with other household solid waste. Paint must be fully dried as waste haulers will not take paint liquids. Paint can be dried with sand, cat litter, sawdust, by leaving the paint can lid off and allowing it air dry, or by pouring the paint on paper and let it dry. The paint does not have to be hard, just not in a liquid form.

Large quantities of paint in usable condition could be donated to a local school or non-profit organization. Large quantities of unusable paint can be taken to Environmental Enterprises (Call 513-541-1823) and disposed of at a cost of $1.50 per gallon. 

Source: Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District